25 Years of Miata:
Miatas at Mazda Raceway
Don't miss the chance to be part of this historic event
Save the Date:
September 6-7, 2014
Miata owners from all over North America and the rest of the world will descend on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and the Monterey area in early September to celebrate a quarter century of their favorite sports car – already in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s favorite production sports car. Mazda is going all out for the event, and best of all, everything will be free of charge except for the hot laps!
We now have a discussion forum over at Miata.net dedicated to the event as well as our Facebook page. Both ways are an excellent way to keep up on the event, to look for other cars for a caravan and ask questions.
Here's a rough idea what to expect:
A thousand or more Miatas!
- Guiness World Record attempt for the biggest Miata parade
- A movie at the track
- Saturday discussion groups with the people who created the Miata
- 2 days of track time at world famous Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Parade laps on Sunday
- Guided driving tours of the gorgeous Monterey Peninsula area
- Miata show cars on display spanning the years
- Free BBQ dinners Friday and Saturday
- Vendors on hand with displays and demos and product specials
- More surprises! (Trust us, there will be surprises!)
Participants who register online (free of charge) before August 23rd will get a special gift. By registering online, you're helping us to get accurate numbers for food and planning purposes. Also, we anticipate a huge turnout, and being pre-registered helps you skip the lineups when you first arrive. Finally, by registering your name will be recorded as being part of the Guinness World Record! Please fill out a registration for every person who will be attending with you.
The hot laps are sold out.
Help us get more cars for the record! We have a flyer you can download and print out.